Over the weekend I had a baby shower for my best friend, Jen (Duffin) Bingham. She has done a lot for me over the years so I really wanted to do something special for her to celebrate her new little girl, Addison Kathleen. So I came up with the idea of having a "tea party." I had these cute invitations made (thanks again to Jen at Paper Chandelier for making these for me) inviting everyone to a tea party honoring the mommy-to-be.
I had the shower at this place in Farmington called Teas 'N You. It's right on Main Street and is super, super cute. It's decorated real "grandma-ish" and has really yummy food, tons of different teas to choose from, and the dessert was to die for!
Here are some of the teas you can choose from. They have everything from green teas, to black teas, to iced teas. Seriously, any kind of tea you could come up with.

For the party I let Jen choose 3 different teas to serve. We choose two herbal teas that were noncaffeinated (for those of you who do not drink caffeine) and then one tea that was a mix of a green and black tea. I LOVED the Angel Falls Tea we ordered, especially with a sugar cube (I have such a sweet tooth). They then served the teas in these super cute tea pots to our guests.

Here is a picture of some of the guests (a few people had to leave before photo time). These are some of my closest friends and I'm so glad that I had a nice excuse for all of us to get together.
Top: Jen, me, Heather, and Sandra (with her little boy Hayden)
It turned out awesome and I know everyone had a great time catching up. It's so fun to get together and talk like we're still in high school again, even though sooo much has changed since then. Seriously, in that picture alone, two are expecting (Jen and Brooke) and four of us have TWO kids already (me, Heather, Sandra, and Crystal). If you would have asked me four years ago what I thought my life was going to look like, I definitely wouldn't have guessed this...but I also wouldn't change a thing! I love everything about my life right now and know that I'm very lucky for everything I have.
It turned out awesome and I know everyone had a great time catching up. It's so fun to get together and talk like we're still in high school again, even though sooo much has changed since then. Seriously, in that picture alone, two are expecting (Jen and Brooke) and four of us have TWO kids already (me, Heather, Sandra, and Crystal). If you would have asked me four years ago what I thought my life was going to look like, I definitely wouldn't have guessed this...but I also wouldn't change a thing! I love everything about my life right now and know that I'm very lucky for everything I have.

2 comments:
It was the perfect tea party Jord! Seriously it all looked so cute and it is always fun catching up with the girls!
That was a good time! I miss you and all the other girls, I have made a lot of other friends since high school...but they're just not the same! You did such a good job, you are such a good friend to do that for Jen! In fact, you are such a good friend to everyone, you are just so cute!
Post a Comment