5.08.2009

{Sporty}

For those of you that know me, I'm not the girliest of girls. Maybe that's why I absolutely LOVED this little soccer outfit my mom bought Miles. Soccer also played such a huge role in both my life and Ryan's life. It's where a lot of our lifelong friends were met, it was the reason for many vacations back in the day, it helped us both survive highschool, a majority of our memories stem from the soccer field, and it's even somewhat responsible for bringing us together. Funny thing is, we both love playing, but when we try to play together it's completely different. Ryan's way too competitive and HATES playing against girls. And I'm way too stubborn when he tries to give me advice and become super defensive. So basically he plays on his men's league and I play on my women's league. Then we watch each other from the stands. That way we are both happy. Anyways.
I really don't care if our sons love soccer the way Ryan and I do or not. As long as they find something that they can enjoy I will be happy. However, that won't stop me from enrolling them in soccer as soon as they are old enough :) Hey, they have to try it first to know if they like it or not right?



I had to get a picture of the back with the little numbers. How cute is that?

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Dido! It's hard to think of a vacation that didn't have to do with soccer, go anywhere without knowing someone through soccer, and seriously the majority of friends were made because of soccer! Wouldn't have changed anything about it! And yes, that is a way cute soccer outfit on Miles!

The Eccles said...

Your children will both be naturals. Just need to get dad to coach...but he says he won't. Sad thing is if you get a coach like Devin has this year it's really a joke.

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Such a cute little soccer outfit! You better believe your little boys will play soccer, it's running through their blood!

AND. . .

I cannot believe your knitting bag was stolen!!! I want to cry for you Jord. I'm glad I got to see a few of your masterpieces before it disappeared! Whoever did it better pray you never find them...we all know how much you loved your knitting.

Kristin said...

Super cute!! And after hearing that about you and hubby, I have no doubt your children will inherit your love of the game and probably be great at it too!! They can start when they are 3... isn't Mac getting pretty close?!?! So FUN!

Castillon04 said...

All my favorite memories growing up involved soccer! Remember in high school when Russ made us run laps until we almost died and do squats and lunges with Anna till we couldn't walk...LOVED IT!