Last week we celebrated my Grandma Zonnie's birthday by taking a Thai cooking class at Sur La Table. You had to be 18 so it was the 5 oldest grandchildren, my aunts, and my grandma that attended. I'll be honest and say that I don't think I've ever had Thai food prior to this night. We had such a good time and I was really surprised how well everything turned out. In fact it turned out so good that I might have to suggest Thai cuisine the next time we are going out for dinner....oh wait I guess I could just make it myself after taking an entire course on it. (Just goes to show how much I prefer going OUT to eat rather than COOK).
Grandma & Aunt Cindy working together on the peanut sauce. They may have taken an inadvertent short-cut ;) but it turned out to be fantastic!
Jenna and I were in charge of the Coconut & Lemongrass Creme Brulee. That sounds pretty fancy doesn't it? Well, it was, but we managed and it also turned out fantastic....in fact me and my cousins all helped ourselves to 2 servings!
Aunt Tearsa, Grandma, my mom, and Mattie all working on the Papaya salad.
The final product, which was absolutely divine, consisting of:
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Fresh Spring Rolls
Tom Yum Soup
Green Curry
It definitely isn't your typical night out, but man did we have a good time. I highly suggest doing something of this nature to anybody, because heck, if I can do it I know you can too.

4 comments:
Yum! And FUN! I didn't know they did classes but I think we should do one for a girls night!
I fully expect a gourmet meal next time you host bunko! ;)
That looks like so much fun! It's fun to see the girls together! I am seriously thinking about doing something like that sometime!!!Looks delish!
oh that sounds so fun! I'm super impressed! I know for a fact I would screw something up if I tried to cook something that fancy! Good job!
that was so much fun. i've been craving that creme brulee. everything was so good. we need to make that a tradition i think.
Post a Comment