Today while the boys and I were outside a stray dog wandered into our yard. It was a cute little yorkie with a tag that said "Mookie" and he came right over to us so we played with him for a bit. Well, a little bit turned into a while, and that while turned into hours, so we called the number on the tags. The guy told us that it was no longer his dog and he had given it to a family off of a nearby street with the last name the Richardsons. So I grab the phonebook and start making phone calls. In the meantime, Mac fell in love with Mookie. He and the neighbors found a leash to put him on, walked him around our neighborhood, and got him some food and water. Mac officially told everyone it was "his dog" and that he was going to take it into his room. I finally got a hold of Mookie's real family and they said they would be right over. So we brought him in to cool off. He jumped right onto the couch and laid right next to Mac. It was sooo cute. Mac just kept petting him and said "mom, my puppy." I knew it was going to be tough for Mac to understand that it wasn't his dog and that he couldn't go up to his room with him. Well, Mookie's family came and took him. Mac bawled and said it was his dog.....a stab in my heart. I feel awful. He came inside and was still crying. I went to get the baby from upstairs and came down to find this....poor thing cried himself to sleep.

I have no idea what I am going to tell him when he wakes up and is looking for his dog.
4 comments:
awwwwwww...that is so sad. maybe you'll just have to get him a dog now!
You have two dogs at our house, you are welcome to have them live at your house, I'll even send doggie support!
Time for a dog girl! :)
That's so sad!!! Poor Mac. I know your mom offered Gus and Rusty but we have Hank if that doesn't work out. If you're thinking of a dog just remember the life expectancy is about 15 years. :D
Post a Comment