5.26.2010

medal

mac had his last soccer game last night and received this fine little medal. i don't think he noticed that every kid got the same medal because if you ask mac why he got it he will tell you it's because he won and he is awesome. he has been so excited about his medal. he insisted on knocking on our neighbor's door last night after we got home to show them, he also slept with his medal (don't worry, i made him take it off his neck and at least set it on the pillow), and then he even had to wear it to school today to show his teacher and all his friends.
in all honesty, this was the most excited he's been throughout his entire first soccer season. he never really got into it as much as ryan and i thought he would. where the games were played there was also a playground and mac would have rather been playing on the playground than actually playing soccer. but, there's always next season :)

2 comments:

Bailey Beckstead said...

So proud of him! Wish I could of seen him play!

Nicole Lawrence said...

I can't wait till my boys can play soccer. Te is pushing for karate, of course...but I'm all about soccer, for obvious reasons! I want to plan a play date soon. See if my boys and Miles hit it off. Thoughts?